Sunday, July 9, 2017

Blasted Arbor

I was made of unknit wounds,
Of muddled words,
And sunlit rooms.
I will ensure you know what you behold.
I was forged of misspent words,
Of erroneous deific urge,
Of favours traded, favours bought and sold.

I write on the wall,
Scrawling condemnation,
But in truth, I won't be heard,
So it falls to those who've learned.

All catch fire,
In the blasted arbor,
Past the fallen arches,
In the tended darkness,
And I see you,
You're mine to find.

Once a daughter was ignored,
Until her power family floored,
And she escaped, exotic parts unknown.
She raised an army with her voice,
And to that army gave a choice,
And with her forces, went to claim a throne.

And if ever I should fall,
Well, you'll be the first to follow.
You will go where I would lead,
And you'll bleed when I believe.

All go quiet,
In the blasted arbor,
In my sculpted silence,
In my moon-drenched violence.

All catch fire,
In this light-blind hour,
And I see you.
You're mine to find,
Mine to find,
Mine to find.

No comments: